Jun 20, 2023

My Hobby * Essay on My Hobby

 

My Hobby

Hobby means pastime or any of the forms of amusement or recreational activity which becomes one’s major pursuit during one’s leisure hours. Despite favourite occupation, it is not one’s main business. A hobby refreshes the mind and the body after hard work. It gives us opportunity of escaping from the monotonous routine bound life.

Hobby varies from man to man. Even a single person pursues different hobbies in different stages of his life. I am a student. So, it is common for my hobby to be different from other professionals. I like much to read books and this is my favourite hobby. I read various kinds of books like novels, science fictions, poetry, biography of legendary personalities, history, various kinds of journals and magazines but captivated most with the novels. If I get good novel, I try utmost to finish reading it in a row. I do not feel rest until finishing it. Reading novels seems to open my inner eyes and make me introduced with the surrounding in which we live.

Both Bengali and English literature bear a great charm for me. I have finished almost all the novels of Rabndranath, Nazrul, Dr. Zafor Iqbal and many other writers of Bangla literature. I have also read many English novels and dramas of various writers. I have gone through almost all the dramas of Shakespeare. They were very excellent and will remain fresh in my mind for a long time. Among the novels I read Pride and Prejudice, Gulliver’s travels, Robison Crusoe, Harry Potter and the Adventure of Huckleberry Finn are note-worthy. They were also very amusing and educative.

Thus I am greatly benefited through my hobby of reading books. It helps me to pass my leisure time in enjoyment and at the same time, furnishes me with knowledge. So, I think it is the best recreational activity for me.             

A good teacher means an ideal teacher who possesses a striking and impressive personality. A good teacher has some qualities of an actor. He is able to hold the attention and interest of his audience. He is a clear speaker with good, strong and pleasing voice and makes the meaning of his speech clear to them. A good teacher uses his arms, hands and fingers to express his feelings. His method of teaching is very easy and lucid. He does not sit motionless before his class. He discovers the treasure hidden inside every student. A good teacher not only teaches textual things but also moral and ethical values. He is very kind, honest, sincere, polite and dutiful. Besides he is very well behaved and cooperative. He is so punctual that he is never late to enter the classroom in time. He is always positive and encouraging. He helps to form the character of pupils. Possession of character and education can make the students worthy citizens. Being a role model of the society a good teacher can lead the nation to prosperity and success. So a good teacher has no substitute in the society.


No comments:

Post a Comment